MBI Travel Award Program
The McKnight Brain Institute (MBI) Travel Award Program was established in 2013 to provide travel funds for members of the MBI community to present their research at highly visible conferences.
- For platform presentations or abstracts with press conferences at meetings with national or international visibility.
- Applicant must be the presenting author on an accepted abstract.
- Events must be brain or neuroscience-related.
- Eligible members include:
- Grad Students
- Residents / Fellows
- Junior Faculty – up to first six years of appointment as faculty at UF or elsewhere, non-tenure track
- Eligible members must belong to one of the following groups:
- Neuroscience, CARE, CTRND
- Neurology, CMDNR
- CAM-CTRP, and other labs within the MBI
- Each award is up to $2,000 per event, per requestor. Each individual can apply multiple times per year, but can only be awarded once annually.
- An overall funding limit for the MBI Travel Award Program exists. Each group can contact the MBI for details.
- Applications should be submitted to the MBI Admin Office, which will route to the Department Chair / Center Director for consideration.
- Acknowledgement: If awarded, support from the McKnight Brain Institute should be acknowledged at the time of presentation and on all related materials.
MBI Reimbursement Policy: The applicant’s department will handle their travel arrangements and pay initially. Once the travel and related expense report is completed, the department will send a copy of the expense report to the MBI. We will then process an E2E (expense transfer) moving the expenses to our General Revenue and off their accounts, up to the approved amount of the award.