- Advanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy Facility (AMRIS)
AMRIS is a state-of-the-art NMR facility for high-resolution solution NMR, solid-state NMR, microimaging, animal imaging, and human imaging.
- Cell and Tissue Analysis Core (CTAC)
The CTAC maintains high-end instrumentation as well as standard microscopy systems for the acquisition and analysis of bright field, ultrasonic, intravital, fluorescent, and bioluminescent data from both in vitro and in vivo experimental models.
- Cell and Tissue Analysis Core (CTAC HRL)
CTAC maintains several Histology instruments as Self-Serve, as well as the ability to process/ paraffin-infiltrate and embed your “fixed” tissues.
ICBR – Flow Cytometry Core
MBI-UF Shared Equipment Resources
Stereotactic Radiosurgery Lab
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery Lab
The RadioSurgery/Biology (RSB) Lab within the MBI-UF building contains a computer-controlled six Mev linear accelerator for use in cerebrovascular, cancer and fundamental cell and molecular research. To the best of our knowledge, this is still only full-time radiosurgery-biology research laboratory of its kind in the world.
Preston A. Wells, Jr. Center for Brain Tumor Therapy
- Preston A. Wells, Jr. Center for Brain Tumor TherapyThe Preston A. Wells, Jr. Center for Brain Tumor Therapy at the University of Florida, directed by William A. Friedman, MD, neurosurgeon, is a result of a generous $5 million gift from the Fort Lauderdale-based Lillian S. Wells Foundation Inc. The state of Florida, through its matching gifts program, will add another $5M to the Center bringing the total value of the donation to $10 million. The Center has a number of active clinical trials as well as on-going basic and translational research.
Vector Core Lab
- Human Gene Therapy Vector ‘GMP’ Core FacilityThe primary role of the Vector Core Laboratory is to provide the service of generating gene therapy vectors. The Vector Core currently services 5 NIH program project grants worth over $25M and produces over 400 preps per year. In addition, the Vector Core serves a training role for students associated with those programs.