On Friday, Feb. 22, UF received a $12 million gift from The Harris Rosen Foundation to advance brain tumor immunotherapy research and care at UF Health and to launch an unprecedented partnership for the development of novel brain tumor treatments.
The Rosen gift is the cornerstone of a $100 million fundraising commitment to support the ReMission Alliance Against Brain Tumors, a groundbreaking, collaborative initiative led by UF Health to unite world-leading neuro-oncology physicians and scientists in dynamic research and clinical trials.
See coverage of the announcement from numerous media outlets:
- Orlando Sentinel: Harris Rosen donates $12 million to brain cancer research effort
- Fox Orlando: Harris Rosen donates $12 million to brain cancer research after death of his son
- Florida Trend: University of Florida and UF Health announce $12 million gift from Orlando business leader to launch brain tumor research initiative
- WCJB TV20: $12 million donation to fund UF Health brain tumor research
- Florida Politics: Harris Rosen donates $12M to UF’s brain tumor program
- Orlando Business Journal: Harris Rosen’s $12M gift to fund brain tumor research
- Florida Alligator: Multi-million dollar donation kicks off brain tumor research at UF
- News4Jax: University of Florida receives $12M gift to launch brain tumor research initiative
- Stamford Advocate: Harris Rosen donates $12 million to brain cancer research
- WFTV: Central Florida Spotlight: Harris Rosen on brain cancer research