The McKnight Brain Institute Career Accelerator Awards (CAA) were established to support assistant professors conducting research in the neurosciences in laboratories affiliated with the MBI.
We anticipate awarding at least one CAA over a 1-year period for $50,000 to be used for salary, personnel support and/or supplies in a way that helps position the candidate for a successful R01 application. The recipient(s) will be announced no later than June 1, 2020 and at a subsequent MBI Research Evening event which the awardee is expected to attend. An awardee who makes substantial progress in the first year of funding will be considered for a second year of funding.
- This funding opportunity is open to any assistant professor who is performing neuroscience research and actively pursuing R01 level funding.
- Priority will be given to assistant professors who have never had an R01 but who have already submitted R01 applications and received a summary statement.
- Must be a member of the MBI.
- Individuals who have received at least $10,000 in MBI funding within the past fiscal year.
- If during the funding period you receive extramural funding for the same research, the MBI pilot grant will immediately terminate unless total expenditures have not exceeded $10,000. If expenditures have not exceeded $10,000 on the MBI pilot grant, the PI may accrue up to a total of $10,000 in expenditures before relinquishing the MBI grant, as long as it is permitted by the funding agency of the new grant.
- You have previously had an R01 or equivalent.
- You have a current R01.
- You are not performing neuroscience research at UF.
- You are not actively seeking an R01.
- Quality of the applicant
- Quality of the science
- History of applying for extramural funding
- Prior summary statement(s)
Apply now for the MBI Career Accelerator Award!