We anticipate awarding supplemental research funds to junior faculty who have currently existing independent extramural support, but who have not received an R01 equivalent. Requests for up to $10,000 will be considered which can be used for salary, fringe, tuition and supplies/animals as needed and as allowed by the applicant’s current support mechanism. Awards will be announced at a subsequent MBI Research Evening event which recipients will be expected to attend. Awardees who make substantial progress in the first year of funding will be considered for a second year of funding.
Research and tenure track assistant professors who:
- are members of the MBI,
- are performing neuroscience research, and
- have independent extramural funding, such as a K award.
- Applicant does not have independent extramural funding
- Applicant has had or currently has R01-level funding
- Assistant scientists and students
- Anybody who is not doing neuroscience related research
- Individuals who have received at least $10,000 in MBI funding within the past fiscal year
- Quality of the Applicant (and lab, if applicable)
- Quality of the Science
- Amount of extramural funds obtained (individuals with the largest grants for their stage of independence will be more favorably viewed)
Apply now for the MBI Career Enhancement Award!