The MBI will accept requests to offset the faculty and trainee costs associated with attending and/or presenting at neuroscience-relevant conferences. Below are details which to guide conference attendance and presentation requests.
Currently, we accept the following annual requests up to $1000 of uncovered costs:
- Student and faculty virtual and in person attendance for SACNAS and ABRCMS
- Student, post-doc, and faculty attendance for some virtual conferences
- In person poster or oral presentations at some conferences for undergraduates, graduate students and postdocs
We also accept requests for up to $3000 (over 3 years) of uncovered costs for in person oral presentations at some conferences from faculty to allow them to attend international conferences.
Attendees and if appropriate, primary mentors, must be MBI members. Priority will be given to trainee requests. Although trainees can request funds for poster presentation, faculty can only request funding for a platform presentation at a national or international conference. An acknowledgement of MBI support will be expected in conference presentation.
Students must have exhausted funding from other University of Florida sources and both fellows and students must have applied for travel awards from the conference itself, as available. Below are the campus sources of funds which are expected to be exhausted, as applicable, before MBI will cover travel-related expenses:
- Student Travel Funding Request (Graduate Program in Biomedical Sciences)
- Office of Research Support of Meetings, Workshops and Conferences
- Graduate School Doctoral Research Travel Award
- UF GSC Grants
Allowable expenses include:
- Conference registration
- Transportation (air and ground)
- UF approved per diem