We anticipate awarding one-year fellowships to two doctoral students and one fellow. Awards for doctoral students will be up to $25,000, and post-doctoral fellows and clinical fellows will be up to $40,000 which can be used for salary, fringe and tuition as needed. Individuals who have received at least $10,000 in MBI funding within the past fiscal year are not eligible to apply for this award. Awards will be announced by June 1, 2020 and at a subsequent MBI Research Evening event which recipients will be expected to attend. Awardees who make substantial progress in the first year of funding will be considered for a second year of funding.
The following individuals with MBI affiliated laboratories are eligible:
- M.D./Ph.D. or other combination doctoral students
- Ph.D. students
- Postdoctoral fellows
- Clinical fellows — if funds other than salary are requested, detailed justification of the support will be needed.
- Applicant and mentor are members of the MBI.
- Currently funded by an NIH supplement, T32, F30, F31 or F32 fellowship or equivalent.
- Assistant Scientist, Masters students, or anybody who is not doing neuroscience related research.
- If you accept another fellowship during the funding period, the MBI award will immediately terminate.
- Individuals who have received at least $10,000 in MBI funding within the past fiscal year.
- Quality of the applicant (and lab, if applicable). It is important for applicant’s laboratory to have sufficient funding to support the trainee’s research.
- Quality of the science
- Mentoring plan and resources available to the mentor (if applicable)